No I don't know why there's a train car and track inside the building. I'm not sure what an museum of outdoor sports is but I'm thinking the sport of read walking isn't included. Well it does involve walking which is something.
He was less fuzzy in person.
Why did it have to be the annoying paperback? It is shorter so it shouldn't give me too much trouble. The real question is will I read any of the books I got before I have to take them back.
I'm pretty sure I've read him before. If you aren't watching Peter's videos check out Peter Likes Books. He's funny and as a bonus he's not a high school or college student.
I don't know why this is fuzzy. My twitch is only fingers not the whole hand. I held it up in the same spot as the others. I've read his other books but I haven't tried this series. The Eternal Enemy is funny. It is about a VCR that records the future. If you don't know what a VCR is go away.
I was looking for books like Firefly and came across this one. I think the ebook is on sale for $1.99. Not sure when the sale ends.
1. Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
Yep I heard about this while watching videos on Booktube. I couldn't resist after hearing the first sentence. Oh crap another series. Seriously I need a patch stat.
2. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgens
Yes I was watching videos again but this one is a trilogy which seems to be the closest I can get to a stand alone.
3. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
I figured I'd end up reading something by this guy sooner or later since he's the one that finished the Wheel Of Time series. Also I've heard people talking about this trilogy that isn't really a trilogy anymore since a fourth book is coming out which throws the whole trilogy thing out the window.
4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgensten
Oh my book gods this is a stand alone. Yep I have a stand alone. Cool cover.
5. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
This is where I reveal myself to be a total moron. I often put books on hold and this was another one but it wasn't until I got home that I realized this book is in Spanish. Oops! If you watch Pretty Little Liars you'll recognize this book.
6. Carved In Flesh by Tim Waggoner
How could I pass up the chance to read about my favorite Demon Hunting Bros? Just don't tell Sam that Dean's my favorite.
7. The Color Of Magic by Terry Pratchett
I've been meaning to read a book by him for years. So I finally got a book and color you not surprised it is another series.
8. The Cupcake Coven by Ashlyn Chase
I couldn't pass this one up. Witches and cupcakes? How could I not read this book?
9. The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
I kept hearing about this book so I thought I'd pick it up. I also plan on reading Fifth Wave.
10. King's Dragon by Kate Elliot
This might be shocking to hear but this is a series. I had started reading it eons ago but stopped because I couldn't find it in paperback at the library. Yep this is one of those series where the books are really long. Also I'm weird when it comes to library books.
I have stumbled into some great authors at the library. I didn't have regular computer access until 2007 so wandering the aisles of the library was how I found new authors to read. I still wander but now I roam Booktube.
Melanie Rawn: She writes some great fantasy series. Yes she's one of two authors I enjoy that have books that will never come out but I kinda understand while I'm kinda annoyed at the same time. You mention the D word and I get it since it sucks and hell I'm in a bit of a writing slump myself. As far as I know she just writes adult books although I could be wrong.
Kate Elliot: I'm going to see if I can read the Crown Of Stars series. I read the first four books in this fantasy series and enjoyed it but the books are huge. I don't like getting a hardback book from the library especially when the book is long. It makes read walking a bit challenging. It has been a while but she did write a series with Melanie Rawn. Yet another series I need to read. I'm not sure of what other books she's written since it has been a while since I've read any of her books.
Kim Harrison: The Hollows series is complete now so I suggest you read it since it is really good. I guess this would be a urban fantasy with witches, vampires, demons, and a kick ass pixie named Jenks. I saw the first title of the book while I was at the library and picked it up. How could I resist a book called Dead Witch Walking? I need to finish this series along with ten million more since I seem to be a series magnet even when I'm not trying to be.
Bentley Little: This dude writes really strange books. Maybe it is therapeutic for him so be prepared to go what the fuck if you pick up a book by this guy. As far as I know he just writes stand alones but they are all seriously weird. I think I'm kinda in the mood to read one.
Gail Carriger: I believe Soulless was the first book I read that was steampunk although I didn't know about that at the time. The Parasol Protectorate is a great series about Alexia which takes place in the 1800s I believe and includes werewolves and vampires. She has a YA series that I really enjoyed and next month a spin off of the Parasol Proctorete series comes out. March 17th is a busy day. My fake pet turns two. Prudence comes out. iZombie comes out which actually looks good. I'm expecting it to be good because I loved Veronica Mars.
Katie MacAlister: She writes really funny books. Of course they are paranormal since that seems to be a recurring theme with me.
MaryJanice Davidson: I love her Undead series which is about a vampire named Betsy. She loves shoes and she's queen of the vampires. I mean she really loves shoes. If you're a book slut like me just replace shoes with books and you'll have it.
Kelley Armstrong: I still need to finish her Otherworld series. Yes there are vampires, werewolves, and witches. Also it is a show on Syfy called Bitten. I don't know why they changed the spelling of that channel to something that looks so stupid. She also has one YA series at least that I know of. I've read the first book of that. She also has a series about a hit woman. I'm not sure if it is just one book or maybe two.
Richelle Mead: Until recently I thought my first book by her was a Mercy Thompson book. Nope that's another author Patricia Briggs who I also discovered at the library. One day I'll go back to that series but the books just keep piling up. I really have to resist the urge to put every book that sounds interesting to me and happens to be at the library on hold. I thought about it for a bit and realized it was a Dark Swan book that I read first before Vampire Academy. At the time they didn't have many books by her at this library but of course that has all changed. She has some great adult series so she isn't just a YA author.
Jennifer Armitrout: Nope I didn't spell that wrong and until recently I discovered that there's another author with the same name except she spells her last name with an e instead of an i. I never got to finish the Blood Ties series but I did like the books I did read. In case you haven't figured it out it is another vampire series. I think a doctor gets attacked and turned into a vampire and the guy lives in a bookstore. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details since it has been a while.
Cate Tiernan: I also discovered this author and I think I read most of the Sweep series but now that they have volumes with three books in each book I'm going to go back and read it from the start. I do remember that the books were short. I think I read most of them. This is a witch series and with her name in my head I'm going to check out her other books. I think she has another witch series.
Until next time read on my friends read on.
Since the Weather Gods have designated Wednesday as a snow day for the next two weeks I went today even though they open later today. Anyhoo on to the books.
1. Succubus On Top by Richelle Mead
I'm continuing this series.
2. All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
This is the book I kept forgetting the name of. I guess the fictional trauma of chocolate being banned is too much for me. What a shocker this is another series. Oh well what else is new?
3. Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout
Yep I'm finally reading the cool Jennifer since the one I discovered spells her name Armintrout which leads to confusion since I thought she was the one that people kept talking about. I did read Daimon so of course I'm moving on to the next book in the series.
4. The Witches Of Echo Park by Amber Benson
I loved Amber's Calliope Reaper Jones series so I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into this one. I think this is a series but I'm not sure. I'm thinking yes since I'm such a series magnet.
5. Sweep by Cate Tiernan
I discovered her at the other library. I'm not sure if I ever finished this series or not so I'm going back to it since they have bind ups of the books. This has the first three I believe. Separately they are pretty short.
6. Unhinged by AG Howard
Oh shit just realized this is the second book in a series so I better see if I can get my hands on the first one.
7. Veronica Mars Kiss And Tell by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
Thank the Library Book Gods for Prospector since I'd still be waiting for this book. I need to read the first which I shall do this week. I just hope it can be renewed. It is due on Wednesday which of course is the stupid day it is supposed to snow. I can't get a break from the stupid Weather Gods.
Once again I ask if anyone is reading this to give me names of stand alone books. I'm trying to read more but as usual I seem to be stumbling into more and more series. Until next time read on my friends read on.
Many moons ago when I had a blog at Blogger I did a post called In My Backpack where I'd list the books I got from the library. I've decided to revive that since I've seen people talk about the books they purchase. Since I'm broker than broke I rely mostly on the library to feed my book addiction. Here goes nothing.
1. City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare: I kept hearing about her so I finally got a book by her. I had thought I had checked out a book before by her but never got around to reading it but I think it was Cassandra Glass. I should check that. I just did and I couldn't find an author by that name. I would swear I checked out a book by a Cassandra something. It could have been by this author.
Another author that does series. I can't seem to escape them. If anyone reads this please give me suggestions for stand alone books. I'd like to read more of them since I'm reading way too many series.
2. Cheerleaders The First Evil by RL Stine: This is a quick read. This is a series but it isn't one that requires you to read the first book and to keep going. You can read them out of order for the most part although there are some that are trilogies. They all take place in Shadyside. I think this one is part of a trilogy. I should have checked to make sure they have all three books if I'm right. Check it out if you just want something that will suck you in and crave more.
3. Undead And Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson: Surprise this is another series. I haven't read this series in a while so I thought I'd go back to it since there are books I haven't read yet. This is a really fun series.
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth: Yes I finally got this book. I keep hearing about it so I thought I'd check it out. I think a lot of people aren't too crazy about the fourth book if I'm not mistaken.
5. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: I read the first book and liked it so I'm on to the second. Unfortunately the third book will have to wait since there are two people ahead of me on the list.
6. Night Film by Marisha Pessl: I heard about this book and thought I'd check it out. Since I get a lot of books from the library this one might go back. Even if I'm ideally able to renew most of the books three times there's only so many books I can read in twelve weeks. I'm reading a series and the fifth book is a Prospector book which can only be renewed once so I'll have to focus on that series before I get to this one.
7. Succubus On Top by Richelle Mead: This is the second book in a series. With this author I read one of her adult books first and later checked out her YA books. This is a fun series.
8. The Merciless by Danielle Vega: Heard about this while watching videos on Youtube. I am currently reading this book. Such a pretty cover.
9. Vicious by Sara Shepard: I have already finished this so I'll be taking a trip to the library to return this since I know I wouldn't be able to renew it. At least I have one series finished.
10. The Knife Of Letting Go by Patrick Ness: I decided to check this book out after hearing about it while on Youtube.
11. The Death Of Chaos by LE Modesitt JR: This is a series I'm currently reading. This is the book that I'll be reading instead of Night Film. I'm hoping to find Night Film in paperback.
12. The Eye Of The World by Robert Jordan: This book had been sitting on the shelf since December 12th so when I went to the library I grabbed the basket and checked out everything. It can be good to have extra books in case you don't like a book. This one I'll be returning since I have this book. I'm determined to finish this series this year. I also plan on checking out Brandon Sanderson who finished the series. I keep hearing about him and have a book on hold that's part of a trilogy. See I can't escape series. To me anyway a trilogy is like a mini series.
I did check out a few other books but I'm not going to read them. They will be going back with a few of the books above. I also have other books that I had checked out before which is why I'm going to return so many books. I think most of the hardbacks will be going back with the exception of Catching Fire and maybe Divergent. Until next time read on my friends read on.
I've always loved reading books so it was inevitable that I'd end up writing about books again. Over the years with the many blogs I have had I would end up talking about books. Thanks to a bit of frustration and a case of the writing blahs I decided to dive in again.
1 Donut: It is a miracle that I finished this book. This rating is also for the times when I can't finish a book.
2 Donuts: The book was okay. It might not be my cup of tea or I'm confused.
3 Donuts: I liked this book. Chances are good that I'll check out another book by this author.
4 Donuts: I am definitely going to read more books by this author. Going off to find out what other books this author wrote.
5 Donuts: I loved this book. I need all the books by this author right now.