1. Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out : Name a book/series/character that started out good but then went downhill
I'm debating on whether or not I want to continue after reading seventeen of the twenty-five I think books that are out. Enough already Laurell put a fork in it.
2. Annoying Great Aunt Sally who will not leave you alone : Name a book that you didn't enjoy, but everyone else seems to love so it never goes away
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
I know this is a very unpopular opinion. Me and the writing style just didn't mesh. It is an important topic but it just wasn't done well in my opinion.
3. Your pets keep knocking over the Christmas decoration : Name a character that kept messing things up for everyone else (can't pick a villain!)
I can't think of anyone. I'm not sure if that has to do with me being forced to sleep in a chair for the past however many days.
4. You hear your parents putting out the presents and learn Santa isn't real: Name a book you were spoiled for
I still haven't read it although I might one day. Be careful about going down to the comments section.
5. It's freezing outside: Name a main character you just couldn't connect with
Rishi in Dimple Met Rishi. He annoyed the hell out of me. I couldn't even finish the book. I liked Dimple at first but then she just got on my nerves.
6. Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas is You' and it's giving you anti-romantic feelings : Name a couple you couldn't stand
Clay and Elena from the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong. I just don't get why she ends up with this guy considering what he did.
7. That scratchy homemade wool sweater you got for Christmas years ago but won't get rid of : show some books that have been sitting on your shelves for a while, and you aren't motivated to read, but you don't have the heart to get rid of
There are ARCs and some review books I plan on getting rid of. I also am on the fence about my Sarah J Maas books. Most of the books I have are from authors who I want to collect books from so I don't have that many oddballs among my books.
8. Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer: Name a character death you still are mad about (warn people for spoilers! You can also use TV or movie deaths)
If you haven't watched Buffy, Angel, Firefly/Serenity and you plan on doing it skip the italics and underlined section
I'm not over Tara's death. It was even more heartbreaking because she had just gotten back together with Willow. Joyce's death was horrible too. I hated when Fred died. Cordy dying was sad but I was more upset about Fred dying. Of course I was heartbroken when Wash died. Why did you do this to us Joss?
9. The malls are overly crowded with holiday shoppers: Name a series that has too many books in it/went on too long
It started off great with Anita being a badass vampire executioner who could raise the dead but eventually it just became porn in book form. Even though I do plan on reading them all the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. I just checked and there are two more coming on top of the 41 that are already out. I think I read something about this being a trilogy to the third power. I think it is time to end it since the guy is up there in years so there can't be many more books in him so he should end it before he dies.
10. The Grinch : Name a main character you HATE (No villains again!)
Damn I really wanted to say Jean Claude. I hate him. I don't understand why people like him. I guess I'd have to go with Clay. I can't stand him. He's a total asshole.