There are keychains that are just super cute like the one in the picture. All you have to do is take it off the chain and voila you have an adorable pendant. This one is small enough that you could also make a pair of earrings to match. Artbeads has the french hooks to do that.
It all depends on what you consider too big so maybe you would love to turn a Funko Pop keychain into a necklace. I personally think they would be too heavy for earrings but I think it would make a cute pendant that you could wear on a necklace. Just unhook the clasp from the keychain part and put it on a necklace.
Depending on the hook you might have to add a piece. I spotted a Hello Kitty keychain that would work as a pendant but it needs a bail because the hook is facing the wrong although two of them would be perfect for earrings. This is a simple way to make some cute and fun jewelry.
Of couse you need a bracelet. I once got an insanely good deal on one at Walmart. Be careful there because they try to trick you. If you're okay with things that aren't sterling silver that's fine but if you want it make sure it isn't plated because there are times when it will say sterling silver only to later say plated. Also look for the magical numbers of 925.
1, Dinosaur: I'm pretty sure this is one of the dinosaurs that Wash plays with.
2. Umbrella: I can't find one exactly like the one Kaylee has but there is a nice selection on Ebay so you can choose whatever one makes you think shiny.
3. Gun: It just woulnd't be a Firefly charm bracelet without a gun. I bet you're going to call it Vera.
4. Leaf: Don't forget about being a leaf on the wind.
5. Bible: Yes River we know that it is problematic but that's okay and besides I really don't think I could find a crazy hair charm that resembles Book's hair when he's all scary hair spice.
7. Cup and saucer: I thought this would work for Inara.
8. Dress: If I can find a better one I'll add the link and update this post but for now this is for that awesome time when Mal dressed up as a woman wearing his floral bonnet.
9: Doctor: There is a nice selection to choose from.
Here I go again. It just randomly popped into my head.
Of course the first thing you need is a charm bracelet. Artbeads.com is a good place to check out for bracelets and more.
1. Chick: There's a cute bead at Art Beads but sadly they are out. There are quite a few to choose from on Amazon so take a looksie.
2. Duck: This little guy is cute.
3. Cat: There are other cats but this one is the cutest at least I think it is.
4. Guitar: I think this one looked the most like the guitar Phoebe plays.
5. Spoons etc: I think the third one is the cutest but I'll leave that up to you if anyone actually reads this and likes my suggestions.
6. Monkey or dinosaur: The dinosaur charms are a bit expensive. If I find something cheaper I'll add it to this post later on.
7. Shoe or purse: Either would work.
8. Coffee Cup: I think this is a coffee cup. It just wouldn't be a Friends bracelet without a coffee cup.
First you need a bracelet.
Bite Me: I'm under the influence of Period Brain so I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this was said.
Graduation Cap: Of course a graduation that includes the mayor turning into a giant snake and the school getting blown up you just might want a little momento from the occasion.
Pig: Who doesn't want a Mr Gordo? If I find a better pig I'll add it later but for now I found this one.
Book: Just don't speak Latin near a book just in case. I don't want to have what happened to Xander to happen to me and it just makes me sad to think of a burning book.
Something Witchy: There's a broom and a cauldron. Take your pick.
Cat: Curse Dawn for killing Miss Kitty Fantastico. There is more than one option.
I like even numbers but if I come across more I'll just add them. I'm blanking on where to get fangs. It has been a while since I actually put together a bracelet in the flesh but I'm pretty sure this leads to a full bracelet. Of course it depends on how big each charm is and how much space you want to put in between each charm. Maybe it won't take as long for me to do one of these posts.
The power went out for about seven hours which meant I read a book. I finally started The Winner's Curse and read 18 chapters and finally the power came back on. While reading it I was thinking about a potential charm bracelet. So here we go. I'll see what I can find and will post the links.
2. Hawk: This might be a bit big but it does have the handy lobsterclaw clasp which makes it super easy to put on a charm bracelet.
I'm not sure if I thought of anything else. I should have written it down but if I come up with any other possible charms I'll include them in this post as I think of them. I might think of more as I continue to read the trilogy.
I thought I posted a list of suggestions for a charm bracelet but I couldn't find one so I'm doing it now. Where possible I will provide a link to a place that sells the charm I'm mentioning.
1. Book: Obviously this would work since Twilight and Rainbow love to read. Hell I've always wanted to live at Twilight's place. Who wouldn't want to live in a library?
2. Lightning Bolt: This could of course represent Rainbow Dash.
3. Apple: That one is easy. Thank you AJ for having a cutie mark that isn't hard to find.
4. Rainbow: This is another possibility for Rainbow Dash but the place that I saw the little rainbow charm at seems to have stopped selling them for some reason. '
5. Muffin: Of course you can't forget about Derpy. I love her. Or you could get a muffin pan.
6. Butterfly: You can easily find a butterfly to represent this pony who I adore. Yes Fluttershy I'm talking about you.
7. Dragon: It might not look like Spike but you can't forget about him if you can find a charm. Also a fire charm could work.
8. Bow: This could represent Applebloom.
9. Balloon: This could represent Pinkie Pie.
10. Diamond: This looks like Rarity's cutie mark. It isn't exactly the same but it is close.
11. Owl: Don't forget about Twilight's pet.
12. Turtle: Or Rainbow's pet.
13. Cat: Opal might get jealous if you forget about her. If I find another place with cat charms I'll add the link later on.
14. Bunny: Angel will surely get pissed if he's left out.
If you happen to get all of your charms including the bracelet at Charm Factory you can also get the bracelet assembled for ten bucks. Most of the charms I've suggested have come from this place. Obviously you would't use all of the charms suggested because there wouldn't be enough room. I'd go with six but you could go with less or more since it will be your bracelet. I just think it might get a bit crowded if you go any higher. It depends on the size of the charms too.
This idea hit me while I was in bed this morning so I thought I'd share it with you. A lot of people love this series and I'm sure I'm not the only one that adores jewelry so here are some suggestions on creating your own Lunar Chronicles charm bracelet. There are obviously other places to find charms but I've bought some cute charms from this place in the past and I don't feel like searching all over the place so I'll just see what I can find here. If you know of any other places with cute charms just let me know in the comments. Artbeads is another option.
1. Apple: I like the third one down but thought I'd just link to the page since there are other apple charms.
2. Wolf: Maybe the fourth one down or the last one.
3. Shoe: I think this one is the best but obviously you can check out the other ones. It kinda looks like the one on the cover of Cinder.
4. Computer: I could only find a computer mouse charm. I swear I've seen laptops. I can't really think of anything else to represent Cress at the moment. If I do think of something I'll just update this post.
5. Crown: I'm not sure about them but I was thinking about using this for Kai since I can't anything of anything else at the moment.
6. Tiara: There's only one.
You can get charm bracelets from this place and get them attached for an additional ten bucks.
I can't remember when I last made these but I do remember they were pretty damn tasty. Who doesn't love chocolate? Okay maybe those who don't like it or claim they don't. Come on do we really believe there are people that don't like chocolate? It would suck to be allergic to chocolate. Anyhoo since it is nearly Easter I thought I'd try doing one of these DIY things where I know I'm actually doing one.
1. You need Chow Mein Noodles. There's the alternative of pretzels but I used the noodles and loved the taste. I just don't think it would taste as good with the pretzels but I'm not twisting your arm to choose the option I'm going to use. Yes I'm going to go outside despite Snowpacalypse 2016 so I can get to the store and hopefully get the ingredients I need to do this.
2. You also need chocolate. I used Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chips but you can use anything that's chocolate. I also used a saucepan but melting the chocolate in the microwave will work just as well too and if you stick it in a paper plate there's less of a mess to clean up. Oh crap I'm making myself hungry right now.
3. Melt the chocolate. If you're using a saucepan keep stirring the chocolate and keep an eye on it after all you don't want to burn the chocolate. If you're using the microwave start out with about twenty seconds and see how it looks before putting it back in. It will depend on what chocolate you use since some chocolate might melt faster than others. Some of you might want to use a chocolate bar and to that I say go for it. Since you're the one eating it you should pick what you want to eat since you're going to do the eating while I'll be doing a little eating of my own. Yep I'll probably be channeling my fake pet Misty when I'm eating my nests.
4. Next you'll want to cover the noodles with the chocolate and form a nest of sorts. Go nuts and make it as big as you want. If you want a big nest to eat by all means do it. No one is stopping you. Once you have your nests all done you'll want to stick them in the fridge. It has been a while so I'm not sure how long it takes for them to harden. Check after about an hour or maybe stick them in the freezer for ten minutes and see what happens if you're a risk taker. You might feel like Cookie Monster when he's making cookies and asks Siri to tell him when the fourteen minutes is up but just one minute takes an eternity.
5. Once the nests are ready and waiting to be eaten you might want to add eggs. I skipped this part but some possible options are jelly beans or M&Ms. I think they come in Easter colors. After that pick one up and take a bite out of it. See how good it is? Enjoy.
Since things get messy you might want to do what I did. You could melt the chocolate and just dip the chow mien noodles into the chocolate which is quite tasty. I did put some in the fridge but oops they stuck to the plate. I'm really good at this whole DIY thing aren't I? Oh well it is a tasty treat.
I decided to put all of the fandom charm bracelets together. I provide a list of potential charms you could use to create your own bracelet. It hit me that this falls under the category of DIY so I thought I'd do this since it is likely that I'll do it for other fandoms. I do have more posts that I'll add so everything is in one place instead of all over the place.
Yes I made my own Supernatural bracelet. Since you can only see some of the charms I decided to create my own. Who knows if they'll ever sell one like this one and of course who knows if it would be sterling silver. So I thought I'd let you know which charms I went with along with other possible charm ideas if you're going to see about creating your own Supernatural bracelet.
1. You need a bracelet of course which is easily taken care of. Thank you Walmart for that bracelet I got a while ago for only five bucks. Yes it is sterling silver.
2. I could be crazy but I think that just might be a witch on the right side. You can very easily find a little witch.
3. A cross isn't too hard to find so that shouldn't pose a challenge.
4. Now on the left side I'm not sure what that is but I got a Star Of David although I think that might be two pentagrams intersecting.
5. Since you can actually see it I got a pentagram.
6. Since Dean loves pie I got an adorable pie charm.
7. What bracelet would be complete without a little gun charm?
8. I found these cool vampire fangs so I just couldn't resist and they open and close too.
9. I got a teddy bear charm which I have on one end while the other has the gun charm.
10. An angel charm is also another possibility.
11. As a Hunter you deal with spirits on a regular basis so I went with a ghost charm.
12. Since I had room I ended up putting a little slice of pizza on the bracelet.
13. Cell phone charm since the boys are often on the phone. Makes me wonder how they pay the bill what with them being dead and all.
14. A computer often comes in handy when you're looking for porn er I mean doing research.
15. A scarecrow for that fugly one is another possibility.
16. A cat if you happened to love the episode Yellow Fever.
17. Oh come on it is very likely that you can scare up a cute little terrifying dog charm. I think the dog is a Terrier.
18. A little candy cane could be a possible choice if you loved A Very Supernatural Christmas.
19. Another possibility could be birthstone charms although I have no clue when Dean's birthday is although we do know Sammy's. You could go with Jensen and Jared's birthstones or just go with one because so many of us favor one over the other.
20. You could also add an charm that says awesome since Dean does use the word a lot.
That's about all I can come up with right now but if I think of anything I'll add it to the list. I got most of the charms from Charm Factory which I highly recommend since they have some great charms and at really great prices.
Another example of me being slow. Well in my defense I thought this was going to be a one time thing when I decided to give a list of charms that a fan could use to create a charm bracelet for Supernatural. After that more bracelets followed and I decided to put them all together.