- 1. What was the last book you read?
- 2. Was it a good one?
3. What made it good?
Fun series about a demon hunting soccer mom that kind of gives me Buffy vibes if she was all grown up and married with kids. This is the third in the series.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Sure if it sounds good to you check it out. There are only six books in the series and it is complete.
5. How often do you read?
6. Do you like to read?
Um I think so.
7. What was the last bad book you read?
Hexomancy by Michael R Underwood
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
8. What made you dislike it?
The first one was I think the third in a series which didn't help and the writing style drove me crazy. I also wasn't crazy about the gamer stats. It is a cool concept but I just didn't like the way it unfolded.
As for the second book I hated that the perspectives started with each one in a separate chapter to being in the same chapter. It was clunky and I didn't see the cute that everyone else seems to see. I hated Rishi and I was annoyed that the words weren't translated. Hello the book is in English so you might want to translate the non English words so people reading it know what the words are.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Yes and no.
10. Has any book influenced you greatly?
Can't think of anything right now. Thanks heat.
11. Do you read fiction.
Not really. I don't like reading stuff online because reading on a computer is just all kinds of uncomfortable.
12. Do you write fan fiction?
Yes but I've been trapped in a major fictional writer's block which might be a good thing since I'm not really good at writing.
13. What's your favorite book?
I don't know.
14. What's your least favorite book?
If I don't like a book I don't dwell on it since I'm ready to jump into the next one.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I'm cool with both. I can't do audio books.
16. When did you learn to read?
I'm going with kindergarten since I do have a memory of having to read a page from Charlotte's Web before I could check it out from the school library. Oddly that book has stayed with me. I have better recall of that book more so than other books. I do want to do a reread.
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
None. I always hated the books I was forced to read in school.
18. What is your favorite book series?
I guess I'll go with Harry Potter since this is the only series I've read all the way through more than once.
19. Who is your favorite author?
Richelle Mead, Libba Bray, Piers Anthony, Kim Harrison
20. What is your favorite genre?
I think I'm an oddball because I really don't pay attention to genres. If a book sounds good I'm all for it. I guess books that have supernatural stuff in them tops the list. I did find out that I like contemporary more than I thought because I've never really broken down what I read by genre. I'm more aware of it since I'm more into the book reviewing zone.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
My mind has gone blank.
22. Has a book ever transported you?
All the time. Reality sucks so I escape it as often as possible.
23. Which book do you wish had a sequel?
I do want Sage from Geekerella to have a spin off. There are too many series out there. Over the years there's been a major shift in the book world. The young adult books became more and the stand alones became fewer with series freaking everywhere which can be a bit annoying.
24. Which book do you wish didn't have a sequel?
You by Caroline Kepnes
I liked the first book but the second was just overkill and so unnecessary.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
It depends on the book. I might be able to read about a hundred pages a day. I can read a Fear Street book in a day. Also the format can change how fast or slow I read a book.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
I don't really care since I'm not a big movie watcher. I do have plans to but I still haven't watched all the Harry Potter movies. I somehow own movies one and four. Can't explain why or how that happened.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaption?
I can separate the two so a bad adaption isn't going to change my feelings about a book.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter
29. Do you read newspapers?
30. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
None of the above.
31. Do you read in bed?
Yes I do but not as much as I used to because my mattress sucks.
32. Do you read while on the toilet?
33. Do you read in the bath?
I used to but not anymore. I only do showers now and don't read then either because I just want to get in and out as quick as possible.
34. Are you a fast reader?
35. Are you a slow reader?
I think I'm more of a medium speed reader.
36. Where is your favorite place to read?
My recliner although I pretty much read anywhere.
37. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Sometimes but not usually.
38. Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
I can tune people out but I prefer silence.
39. Who gave you your love for reading?
Me because I can't remember a time when I wasn't reading.
40. What book is next on your list to read?
Deja Demon by Julie Kenner
41. When did you start to read chapter books?
Age six hence me being asked to read a page before being allowed to check out Charlotte's Web.
42. Who is your favorite children's author?
Hmm not sure.
43. Which author would you most want to interview?
I think that would be a total disaster what with the speaking and thinking parts.
44. Which author do you think you'd be friends with?
I don't know.
45. What book have you reread the most?
It tends to be the first books in series so the first in Wheel Of Time and Sword Of Truth.
46. Which books do you consider classics?
I don't really think like that. I either like a book or I don't.
47. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
I don't know.
48. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I'm not into banning books.
Somehow I ended up with two less questions because I wasn't able to do a normal copy and paste. I don't know what I'm missing so I'm just going with what I got.